Learning for Development Association
The Learning for Development Association (LDA) is a non-political, non-profit and non-religious organization. Our activities are open to all Lao Civil Society Organisations that work in all development sector, whether registered or unregistered.
We provide a friendly and supportive environment for Lao Civil Society Organisations to:
• Develop their capabilities
• Share experiences
With extensive experience with Lao Civil Society Organizations / Non Profit Associations, LDA understands capacity development needs and provides quality services to both organisations and staff working on development issues.
Learning for Development Association (LDA) was part of former of Learning House for Development (LHD) or Lao NPA Network, operating and implementing activities since September 2010.LDA focuses efforts on capability development for CSO staff and partnerships with NPAs, so as to strengthen their ability to form implement their own plans more effectively, and through this contribute to positive changes in beneficiaries living conditions in partner communities.
To support and create a strong and capable Civil Society that effectively contributes to the inclusive and sustainable of Lao Social-Economic Development Plans.
• All lives have equal value
• All people deserve equal access to opportunities
• The community itself plays a role in the development of their communities.
• Those with the means must be responsible and interested in helping those without
• Encourages a more efficient learning environment
• Maintains trust and respect between partners and team members
• LDA is a facilitator not a direct provider
• LDA strives to empower Lao Civil Society /local NPAs to achieve their goals