Learning for Development Association
The Learning for Development Association (LDA) is a non-political, non-profit and non-religious organization. Our activities are open to all Lao Civil Society Organisations that work in all development sector, whether registered or unregistered.
We provide a friendly and supportive environment for Lao Civil Society Organisations to:
• Develop their capabilities
• Share experiences
With extensive experience with Lao Civil Society Organizations / Non Profit Associations, LDA understands capacity development needs and provides quality services to both organisations and staff working on development issues.
The Learning for Development Association (LDA) was part of the former of Learning House for Development (LHD) or Lao NPA Network, operating and implementing activities since September 2010.
LDA focuses efforts on capability development for Community Service Organizations staff and partnerships with Non Profit Associations, to strengthen their ability to form and implement their own plans more effectively. We believe this action contributes to positive change among beneficiaries living conditions in partner communities.
To support and create a strong and capable Civil Society that effectively contributes to the inclusive and sustainable Lao Social-Economic Development Plans.
• All lives have equal value
• All people deserve equal access to opportunities
• The community itself plays a role in the development of their communities
• Those with the means must be responsible and interested in helping those without
• Encouragement is a more efficient learning environment
• Partners and team members are respected and trusted
• LDA is a facilitator not a direct provider
• LDA strives to empower Lao Civil Society / local Non Profit Associations to achieve their goals